Brian Condrey's Academic Weblog
Thursday, February 17, 2005
  CWRL Blog Aggregator
I've put together a CWRL meta-blog using a free "news aggregator" service provided by bloglines.com. The service allows you to monitor and read the content of weblogs and other online information sources through their syndication feeds from a centralized site. I've used it to assemble an index of weblogs published by students and instructors in CWRL classrooms this semester. By clicking on a title from the "blogroll" on the left side of the page, you can browse all the comments published on that particular blog. Most, you'll notice, are published by students in Jenny Edbauer's RHE 309L class - "The Writing Process." What's the point of all this? I'm not sure yet. I'll be using it Friday to introduce my students to weblogs and writing communities. Although I haven't thought through the details, I imagine a CWRL metablog--perhaps one developed in Drupal, which I haven't yet learned how to use--might be useful for putting the "forum" back in the RHE 306 First-Year Forum by replacing the standard DRC online forum that appears to now be officially off life support after years of disuse. More generally, a metablog fed by a number of CWRL instructor and student blogs could potentially foster discussion and interaction between 306 classes. I'm sure there are other applications as well. If nothing else, a metablog can provide us with window into the variety of writing being produced in CWRL classrooms, even on a daily basis.http://www.bloglines.com/blog/BrianCondrey
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives
February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / November 2005 / January 2006 / September 2006 / November 2009 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]