Video Blogger
I've published
a video blog using a tutorial by Svein Høier and Jon Hoem of Norwegian University of Science and Technology. Their article can be found
here. They provide a few different options for tweaking the post function in your Blogger template in order to embed video in your weblog. It appears that there are a number of different ways to put video on a weblog, but what's so neat about their solution is that you simply enter a filename from a movie file on your server into the link upload space, and unlike other embedded video solutions for Blogger, you don't have to change your template or create a new blog every time you want to post fresh content.
I'm still encountering some problems with layout and functionality, but it looks like it's going to work. I believe there's at least a couple applications for it in the CWRL right now. I know that at least a few instructors have scheduled video projects for their students this semester. The video weblog is a simple, elegant solution for online video publishing, one that would allow students to integrate and neatly present video, written text, and web design elements of a unit project. The second application I have in mind comes from an idea brought up by Jacquie Thomas in Tom Nelson's cohort group. Jackie was discussing the idea of the CWRL creating a online rhetoric resource file that would include image files instructors could draw upon to discuss visual rhetoric. Given the server space, this project could also include moving image files and resources. I've personally downloaded and stored on gibson and slatin video files of commercials, public service ads, and propaganda films that have passed into the public domain. Thousands of these files can be found at the
Prelinger Archives (archive.org) and the
Library of Congress.
Anyway, I've posted the code from my Blogger video blog
here for anyone interested. If you'd like some help with setting one up, please drop me a line.