Introducing Embedded Video
My weblog is now configured to post embedded video. The trick, which I picked up from
a tutorial by Svein Höier and Jon Hoem of the Arts and Media Department at Norwegian University of Science and Technology, allows you to incorporate video content into your Blogger weblog using the title/link function. While the tweak is simple enough in theory, it did take some work to get the bugs out and produce a template that actually worked in a variety of browsers. In my
earlier attempts to create a video blog, I kept running into the problem of finding a good way to get the the text of the post to wrap smoothly around the video content. I haven't checked this page out on a Mac yet, but it looks like I've finally figured it out...(fingers crossed)...
This footage comes from an old Cheverolet promo reel I found at
archive.org. I made a couple small edits to the clip, but the segment is weird enough without my changes. Click on the image to play embedded video. Requires Quick Time player.